So Much to Art; So Little Time

Folks who follow me on social media might have noticed a new banner go up over the weekend. It replaced the last digital collage I’d done – that one based on a steampunk theme as pictured below. Banners are super easy and fun, and I’m enjoying making the digital collages and swapping out images every so often. I hope to introduce my students to this technique once they have enough images to draw from.

steampunk-youtube-banner
(c) Wolf Woman Media 2017

I decided I needed a new collage to tell a story about my work as an artist and an instructor, so I created this, more colorful banner. I featured some of my digital artwork as well as a blurred image of my filmmaking kids from summer camp in 2015.

digital-mixed-media
(c) Wolf Woman Media 2017

There’s a lot more art in the works though – and most of it’s digital, which makes for easy sharing. So here goes…

This was the first social media banner I created using IbisPaintX, a freemium app I downloaded for use in teaching digital art. In the end, I decided against it for use as a Twitter banner, but I still like it as a piece of digital art.

nights-on-fire
(c) Wolf Woman Media 2017

Next up is the first of two backgrounds I created. They will be used later on as part of one or more visual storytelling projects – specifically, the visual novel style of storytelling I wrote about once before.

family-room
(c) Wolf Woman Media 2017

I don’t think they belong in the same world, though. The one above is modern and feels warm and cozy, while the one below is cold and pretty old school.

blue-office
(c) Wolf Woman Media 2017

While I was searching for a character creation app that would allow my art students to flex their art skills at the same time as they create character elements, I ran across this avatar maker app. It won’t work for my art students as-is, but it will work very well for a group storytelling project outside of that setting. For now, I’m planning on using an avatar maker  to create some characters and build a proof of concept for a visual novel.

Here are three I’ve got so far.

I also did a mockup to see what it would look like if I placed one of the characters in the environment I’d created. I had to darken her whole look just a bit to match the lighting, but once that was done, I liked the result.

 

blue-office-marie
(c) Wolf Woman Media 2017

Peppered in there somewhere I managed to squeeze in a few mandalas, too. (Follow me on Instagram for regular posts of that type.)

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

 

Advertisements

One Comment Add yours

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s